Decommissioning of AccountRight Live 2016.2

This thread is now archived and closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please post a new topic.
IHA
2 Posts
Cover User

Re: Decommissioning of AccountRight Live 2016.2

We are using AR 2016.2 on a number of PCs on the local network ONLY. There is no cloud storage of the data file, purely network.

I can't see a need to update as the extra features in 2016.3 are of no relevance to us, I much rather wait for 2017.1 and updated to that.

As each upgrade cycle requires upgrading all machines it also saves time if we skip some of the releases.

Please advise what is happening to off-line users on the 11 March? Will they still be able to use AR 2016.2 or will the program block access???

Thanks

MYOB Moderator CloverQ
6,139 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia

Hi @IHA,

We are decommissioning cloud files only, therefore, it has no effect to you since you do not have any online files. If it suits you better, you can certainly wait for v2017.1 release before upgrading. It'll just be business as usual for now. 

Please do not hesitate to post again at any time if you have further queries. 

Kind regards,
Clover
MYOB Client Support
Experienced Cover User Anna-UL
12 Posts
Experienced Cover User
New Zealand

AccountRight 2016.2.1; Release of 2016.3.1 Re: Decommissioning of AccountRight Live 2016.2

Hi Neil @Neil_M,

I am using AccountRight Live 2016.2.1.   Will it also be decommissioned on 10th March? 

I tried to upgrade to 2016.3 in mid December but failed.  Then I had a Live Chat with MYOB and was recommended to wait until 2016.3.1 comes out because 2016.3 had some problems, and was subsequently taken off from your system. 

So this time when 2016.3 is available again for upgrade, does it have no more problem?  OR I should still wait for 2016.3.1?  And when can I use 2016.2.1 until?

Look forward to your reply. 

Thank you!

Regards,

Anna

MYOB Moderator CloverQ
6,139 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia

Re: AccountRight 2016.2.1; Release of 2016.3.1 Re: Decommissioning of AccountRight Live 2016.2

Hi @Anna-UL,

If you have a company file online, and is of a version lower than v2016.3, it will be decommissioned. Therefore, please do upgrade to v2016.3 before 10th March.

I can see from our record that you've had problem upgrading to v2016.3 using the in product upgrade assistant; I would suggest downloading the latest installer by logging in my.MYOB > My Products > Downloads, save the installer to computer first before the installation. If the PC installer does not work for you, then please download the server edition instead, right click on the installer > Run as administrator to install. 

Please do let us know how you go, we are happy to assist further if needed.

Kind regards,
Clover
MYOB Client Support
Experienced Cover User bee-13
15 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia

Hi guys sorry I don't get it. I have downloaded a few times but all I get is a window which says MODIFY SETUP and give me the option to uninstall or close. I don't understand this.

We are on the cloud and are version 2.2

Another download then couldn't find the file to open with. the upgrade button does not appear on my MYOB. help please.

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
20,303 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand

Hi @bee-13

The Modify setup window that does appear when selecting to install AccountRight 2016.3 generally means that you have that version already installed on your computer. I would recommend taking a look at my post on Uninstall or cancel message upon installing new version for more information into that message.

Do let us know how you get on and if you require further assistance.

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post