Issues updating to AccountRight 2016.2

This thread is now archived and closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please post a new topic.
Oates
2 Posts
Cover User
Australia

Re: Issues updating to AccountRight 2016.2

Hi, hope you can help.......i upgraded to 2016.2 on my main computer November last year but didnt on my travel laptop as i thought it would do both. Now i'm 4000mkms away from home  and need to use my Myob urgently on my laptop and cant access anything until i upgrade to 2016.2 as the laptop currently has 2015.2 on it. it gets half way thrfough installing it and then has a failed message ending with asia...........

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
20,251 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand

Hi @Oates

I see you have posted a similar enquiry on Failed to Upgrade to 2016.2 as missed cut off date on second computer and it looks like @BooksInTheCloud has offered her expert assistance in regards to that enquiry for you.

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
StArnaud
2 Posts
Cover User
Australia

HI..

If I delete the version I have already ... and then install new update.. how does all my info transfer to the new update??

MYOB Staff Post Nadisha_M
120 Posts
MYOB Staff Post

Hi @StArnaud

A very warm welcome to the MYOB Community Forum. I hope you find this to be a useful tool.

I can see from your account that you have already contacted our technical support team regarding this issue and I hope it has now been resolved.

Please feel free to post again should you have any other queries.

Kind regards,
Nadisha

Accept as SolutionGot an answer that solves your issue?
Mark it as an Accepted Solution

Experienced Cover User richardh9935
29 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia

A reputable software company should NEVER tell people to turn off antivirus and firewall in order to upgrade. Please offer a more sensible solution as your first. (And tell your help desk staff that they've damaged MYOB's reputation.)
richard
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
20,251 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand

Hi @richardh9935

Thank you for your comments and feedback in regards to potential workaround that was offered.

As mentioned in the post, some clients have reported success with disabling the antivirus and firewall on the computer. The post was intended to let clients know that this has been successfully with some computers and environments. MYOB recommends consulting with an IT professional in regards to the implications of the disabling third party programs such as antivirus and firewalls.  I'm sorry to hear that was not communicated to yourself in this case, I have updated the post to make sure that is reflected.

Once again thank you for your comments.

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
LiMc
1 Post
User

Hi Neil_M

I have the same problem with the update message in my screen back in Jun to ask me to update, it is very annoying even I didn't want to update at the time. so I updated without knowing it is an MYOB's sneaky track for their users.  I have used the version for few weeks doing all my end of year stuff and GST reporting knowing my mother was very ill and I left to China in a hurry at the 5th Aug 2016 for my mother's illness and funeral, and return yesterday.  When I open the MYOB program, it asked me to confirm my company file but it won't be able to confirm online.  So I call the support number and found out that I need to pay for the update version 2016.2 for $65/month to get my data back.  I can get the 2015 version but I need to find out when I updated to 2016.2 and re-enter all the data since that date.  It is 2 weeks work.

It is shame on MYOB to annoying their customer to update to 2016.2 for free but ransom their customer later to pay for it.  The only warning given is to back up the data and the 2015 version won't be able to open the 2016 version data, no warning of payment whatsover for download of the 2016.2 version.

It is absolutely misleading, can you advise?

Thank you

Li 

Community Manager Suja_P
5,388 Posts
Community Manager
Australia

Hi Li (@LiMc),

I'm very sorry to hear about the situation with your company file. And apologies also for the delay in responding to your post. 

Please also accept my condolences for your loss.

Your post mentions that you had an Update prompt appearing within the AccountRight software. This prompt should only come up for customers (files with Serial Numbers) with an Active subscription with us. As you mentioned, and our records indicate that you do not have an active subscription with us. Therefore it is strange that you saw this prompt whilst in your company file. 

It is possible that you may have been prompted to upgrade whilst in another company file with a Serial Number that was eligible for the latest version.

Regardless, I can certainly understand the frustration caused by this. We would love to get in touch and discuss this matter with you. Would you therefore please either respond to this post, or send me a Private Message with a preferred time to call.

Kind regards,

Suja Pillai
Social Support and Community Manager
MYOB Australia Pty Ltd

Revitalise
2 Posts
Cover User
Australia

this still does not work...it won't up date at all and has locked me out and I can not pay my staff Smiley Sad

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
20,251 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand

Hi @Revitalise

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a wealth of knowledge

I see you have posted a similar enquiry on Can't update and now can't access, I see that has been responded to others in the MYOB Community. 

Do let us know if you are still unable to upgrade your company file. I'm sure the MYOB Community would be happy to assist.

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post