Highlighted
SSPS
2 Posts
User
Australia
Solved: Go to Solution

MYO Files converted to MYOX Files

We cannot log into MYOB AccountRight Plus due to the following error message:

The connection to the server was lost.  Please check that the server is on and connected to the network.

We could log onto MYOB AccountRight Plus yesterday.  We have a stand alone laptop with a single licence and have no issues with our internet connection.  I notice all our historic company files now have the extension MYOX, not MYO.

Can you please advise how we correct this issue?

Gill

2 REPLIES
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
19,754 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Re: MYO Files converted to MYOX Files

Hi @SSPS

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a wealth of knowledge

When opening certain older versions of the program, AccountRight does need to ensure that 3 key Window Services are started. If those services are not started, AccountRight will not be able to open that particular Library/Company file.

In your case it does sound like the AccountRight Server service is not working as intended and as such, I would recommend working your way through Help Article: AccountRight server service issues.

You also mentioned the company file extension changing from myo to myox, this is perfectly normal. Once a company file has been migrated to AccountRight 201x the file extension of that migrated file would be a myox file (myo file extensions are used by the AccountRight Classic (v19) range.

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
SSPS
2 Posts
User
Australia

Re: MYO Files converted to MYOX Files

Hi Steven

I followed the AccountRight server service issues and simply had to change the status of the server to Running.

Many thanks for your assistance - the community forum is a great idea.

Gill 

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post