Unable to print bank deposit slips

Buster1
4 Posts
Cover User
Australia

Unable to print bank deposit slips

Is anyone else having this and many other problems with MYOB live, I am looking for other alternatives now (suggestions welcome) but seeing as I have to deal with this for the moment it would be nice if I could do my banking.  So not only can we not get a deposit slip but even when we do there are no names or bsb numbers besides the cheque amounts.  All this just used to happen before we went to live, you people have a lot to answer for and I dont have an hour and a half to sit on the phone to wait for  you to tell me you dont have an answer, but hey thats what I am paying my $110 per month for isnt it???

5 REPLIES
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
19,227 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand

Re: Unable to print bank deposit slips

Hi @Buster1

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a wealth of knowledge

AccountRight 2016.3 can produce a bank deposit slip. This is can be generated through the Banking>>Prepare Bank Deposit window and/or via running the Bank Deposit Slip report (located under Reports>>Banking). This report does contain banking information from the transaction such as Account Name, BSB, Number.. 

Attachments.PNG

You can see the banking information for transaction by selecting into the relevant transaction and clicking on the Details button, which will generate the Applied Payment Details window. By default this information is pulled from the relevant Card's Payment Details tab but can be changed on a per transaction basis if required.

Attachments.PNG

My understanding taking a look at your account notes it does seems to indicate that you are importing the payment information from a third party program. I would recommend ensuring that the import file information does contain that banking information as if it is not the import information into AccountRight 2016 will be blank. If the data does come a third party program I would be speaking to the software provider for that to indicate that the information is not being added to the import file information and therefore it is generating blank when importing and on bank deposits.

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
Buster1
4 Posts
Cover User
Australia

Cant print a bank deposit slip

I have spoken to our third party support about our inability to be able to print deposit slips as you suggested and they have come back to me with this and would like an answer from myob.

What they have said is correct but their API documentation does not support or provide fields for posting this data. Please see the link below:

http://developer.myob.com/api/accountright/v2/sale/customerpayment/

This is the documentation that out integration is built on. Could you please ask if these fields have become available in their API lately as the documentation does not say they are.

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
19,227 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand

Re: Cant print a bank deposit slip

Hi @Buster1

My understanding in relation to customer payments is that the AccountRight API allows for the payment method to be pushed through on those Receive Payment transactions. The payment method information (i.e. BSB number, Account Name, Account No...) is then taken from the relevant Customer's card. So I would recommend ensuring that you do have the correct information in the Customer's Payment Details tab.

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
Buster1
4 Posts
Cover User
Australia

Re: Cant print a bank deposit slip

Hi Steven,  we do have the correct information in the cards and we have always been able to pull this through without any problems until we went to Live.  So our third party is telling us that you dont have the API available for them to do this on Live, can you confirm whether this is correct or not. Thank you

MYOB Staff Post DeveloperJack
31 Posts
MYOB Staff Post
Australia

Re: Unable to print bank deposit slips

Hi there @Buster1,

Your developement team are correct - there's no single data sourcein the API for this specific report but the underlying data should be available. The best way to get to the bottomof this is for your development team to drop the API support team an email via developers@myob.com with exactly what they need and we'll do our best to find a solution.

I'm mindful that that's not likely going to be an immediate solution to be put in place today so its also worth us finding a solution to your report problem in-product.

As Steven has mentioned AccountRight Live should be drawing this information through from the cards by default so if you're having trouble with that data then the best solution is to call our support teams where someone can step through what's wrong and help find a solution for you.

Regards,

Jack

Jack Skinner
MYOBapi Evangelist

Are you a developer? Check out http://developer.myob.com
Looking for an Add-on? Check out http://myob.com/addons/
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post