Upgrade from AccountRight Basic to Plus

djg39
4 Posts
Cover User
Australia

Upgrade from AccountRight Basic to Plus

Looking to upgrade from AccountRight Basic to Plus.

Could I please have the process?

Are there any instructions?

8 REPLIES
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
19,227 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand

Re: Upgrade from AccountRight Basic to Plus

Hi @djg39

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a wealth of knowledge

To upgrade from one AccountRight Basic to AccountRight Plus we would first need to arrange for your serial number to be upgraded. This would involve us issuing out a quote for that upgrade which would be a one off cost of $426 and then $92 per month (min 12 months). Once that has been paid for the serial number would be upgraded at our end to be AccountRight Plus.

Once that serial number has been AccountRight Plus you would be free to open your company file and go to Help>>Change Product to change the product of that company file to be AccountRight Plus. No uninstalling and reinstallation required (assuming you are using the latest version - compliance reasons).

Do let us know if you would like a quote for that and we would be happy to arrange that for you.

Prices are current at time of writing

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
djg39
4 Posts
Cover User
Australia

We would like to proceed.

The monthly fee would be $92/month, up from 40/month correct?

MYOB Staff Post Melissa73
396 Posts
MYOB Staff Post

Hello @djg39,

Thank you for your reply. I will be able to get this sorted for you.

You are correct in saying it will cost $92/month. There is also a one off cost of $426.00 to upgrade your perpetual licence from Basics to Plus.

I will send you a private message shortly in regards to this. You can access your private messages by clicking on your display picture in the top right-hand corner of your screen, then selecting the envelope icon that appears.

Please don’t hesitate to post anytime you have a question. We are always happy to assist.

Kind regards,
Melissa
MYOB Client Support
djg39
4 Posts
Cover User
Australia

Hi there,

I have paid and downloaded the files for the upgrade to PLUS.

The first step in the upgrade is to Find your file.  The file extension only allows for a .myo extension, however the actual files we use are .myoX.

Please confirm how to proceed.

Thanks

Steven_M wrote:

Hi @djg39

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a wealth of knowledge

To upgrade from one AccountRight Basic to AccountRight Plus we would first need to arrange for your serial number to be upgraded. This would involve us issuing out a quote for that upgrade which would be a one off cost of $426 and then $92 per month (min 12 months). Once that has been paid for the serial number would be upgraded at our end to be AccountRight Plus.

Once that serial number has been AccountRight Plus you would be free to open your company file and go to Help>>Change Product to change the product of that company file to be AccountRight Plus. No uninstalling and reinstallation required (assuming you are using the latest version - compliance reasons).

Do let us know if you would like a quote for that and we would be happy to arrange that for you.

Ultimate Partner ronatbas
3,749 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia

@djg39 @Melissa73 @Steven_M

It looks as though you are running AR Basics 201x, which creates a .myox file. The dowload you have selected is v19.1x which creates a myo file.  The latest Plus download is AR 2017.1.1.

When you have done the new download and opened the file, it may open in something that looks exactly the same as basics. If this happens you need to go to Help> Upgrade product and select Plus

Ron B
BAS Group
03 95588477

info@basgroup.com.au
Making MYOB work for you
djg39
4 Posts
Cover User
Australia

I downloaded from the link provided for the upgrade. How do I find the latest Plus download is AR 2017.1.1.?

Highlighted
Ultimate Partner ronatbas
3,749 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia

@djg39 @Melissa73

Sorry I seem to have caused some confusion. I have no idea why your MYOB would have led you to an inappropriate link. If you are familiar with my.myob.com.au you can go there and there should be a AR2017.1.1 download available. If there is no link available please post again and I am sure that @Melissa73 will give you the correct link when she is in the office tomorrow. For our edification she may also investigate the the link that causes a 201x.x file to chase out a v19 upgrade.

Ron B
BAS Group
03 95588477

info@basgroup.com.au
Making MYOB work for you
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
19,227 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand

Hi @djg39

The latest version of AccountRight Plus (2017.1.1) can be downloaded from your my.MYOB account by selecting My Products>>Downloads after logging in. Although if you have been using AccountRight Basics you may not need to download and install that version - if Help>>About AccountRight shows AccountRight 2017.1.1 then you are good to go. Of course, if it does show something older, AccountRight 2016.3 for example, do install that AccountRight 2017.1.1 update.

In terms of the company file, you would just need to open the file and go to Help>>Change product and select to change the product to be Plus then select to confirm the file online. This will make that file a Plus file and contain a payroll module going forward. Please note you may have close down and reopen that file for Payroll module to appear.

Do let us know how you get on and if you require further assistance.

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post