Upgrading to AccountRight 2017.1.1

CatCal
3 Posts
Cover User
Australia

Upgrading to AccountRight 2017.1.1

MYOB ARP v19.14.pngHello. I'm in Australia. We want to move to using the MYOB cloud/live. We currently have AccountRight Premier v 19.14, with the 01.07.2017 tax tables, as can be seen here from my screenshot of my Help in my MYOB file. MYOB online says that 2017.1.1 is the latest version. I have not seen any mention anywhere of version 2017.1.1. Nor have I even seen anything about 2016.1 ....2015.1 .... My versions were 19.13,  19.12 etc. So am I using the correct subscription / software version ... for working online in MYOB ?  I'm confused.         Look forward to your speedy reply.        Cheers

3 REPLIES
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
20,220 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand

Re: Upgrading to AccountRight 2017.1.1

Hi @CatCal

There are two versions of the AccountRight range:

• AccountRight Classic, of which AccountRight version 19.14 is the latest
  • AccountRight Live, of which AccountRight 2017.1.1 is the latest. The AccountRight Live range offers 'Live' services such as cloud access, bank feeds, pay superannuation...

In your case, taking a look at the screenshot you have uploaded you appear to be using AccountRight version 19.14, which is part of our AccountRight Classic range and doesn't have the functionality for going online. The good news is that you are showing as a 'Cover User' and as such can go online using AccountRight 2017.1.1.

To go online using AccountRight 2017.1.1 from AccountRight v19 you would need to complete the following steps:

1. Download and install AccountRight 2017.1.1 - this version can be downloaded from your my.MYOB account by selecting My Products>>Downloads
  2. Once that version is installed you can upgrade your AccountRight v19 company file to AccountRight 2017.1.1 using the Upgrade a Company file option on the Welcome Window.

Help Article: Upgrade to the new AccountRight would be able to assist with that process in more detail.

Do note that if you have used/using multiple currencies in AccountRight Classic (v19) then you will not be able to upgrade to AccountRight 2017 at this time.

Let us know how you get on and if you require further assistance.

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
CatCal
3 Posts
Cover User
Australia

Thanks Steven.

Is this upgrade likely to take a long time ? I have 10 MYOB files, the largest being 12,000 KB. There are only 2 of us that use them.

They are currently stored in C:\MYOB DATA\.  Does the upgrade require me to do something with this?

Also, when used offline, where do they get stored ?

When I sign in to my.MYOB it seems to show that I haven't upgraded to the new tax tables, when I have ..?MYOB Upgrades available.PNG

Cheers

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
20,220 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand

Hi @CatCal

The upgrade time of company files to AccountRight 2017 can take a bit of time as it does need to migrate the company file to a new database structure. You mentioned you have multiple files, I would be migrating the company files one at a time and indicating to others user that you are migrating that file so they don't enter any new data into that old AccountRight v19 file.

With AccountRight 2017, company files do need to be stored in a library location. There are three different types of libraries:

• Local library - files stored on your computer
  • Online library - current files stored in the cloud (number of files listed will depend on access and number of AccountRight Live Subscriptions)
  • Network library - files on another computer's local library (does need to be configured).

More information on libraries and the default locations of them please see Help Article: Manage Libraries

As indicated in my previous post, to access AccountRight 2017.1 you will need to go to My Products>>Downloads in your my.MYOB account to access the AccountRight 2017.1.1 version. the screenshot you have uploaded does just look like the welcome page just after you have logged in.

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post