Cover User
Australia
CatCal
Cover User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Upgrading to AccountRight 2017.1.1

MYOB ARP v19.14.pngHello. I'm in Australia. We want to move to using the MYOB cloud/live. We currently have AccountRight Premier v 19.14, with the 01.07.2017 tax tables, as can be seen here from my screenshot of my Help in my MYOB file. MYOB online says that 2017.1.1 is the latest version. I have not seen any mention anywhere of version 2017.1.1. Nor have I even seen anything about 2016.1 ....2015.1 .... My versions were 19.13,  19.12 etc. So am I using the correct subscription / software version ... for working online in MYOB ?  I'm confused.         Look forward to your speedy reply.        Cheers

9 REPLIES
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
21,106 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

21106Posts

2354Kudos

2950Solutions

Re: Upgrading to AccountRight 2017.1.1

Hi @CatCal

There are two versions of the AccountRight range:

• AccountRight Classic, of which AccountRight version 19.14 is the latest
  • AccountRight Live, of which AccountRight 2017.1.1 is the latest. The AccountRight Live range offers 'Live' services such as cloud access, bank feeds, pay superannuation...

In your case, taking a look at the screenshot you have uploaded you appear to be using AccountRight version 19.14, which is part of our AccountRight Classic range and doesn't have the functionality for going online. The good news is that you are showing as a 'Cover User' and as such can go online using AccountRight 2017.1.1.

To go online using AccountRight 2017.1.1 from AccountRight v19 you would need to complete the following steps:

1. Download and install AccountRight 2017.1.1 - this version can be downloaded from your my.MYOB account by selecting My Products>>Downloads
  2. Once that version is installed you can upgrade your AccountRight v19 company file to AccountRight 2017.1.1 using the Upgrade a Company file option on the Welcome Window.

Help Article: Upgrade to the new AccountRight would be able to assist with that process in more detail.

Do note that if you have used/using multiple currencies in AccountRight Classic (v19) then you will not be able to upgrade to AccountRight 2017 at this time.

Let us know how you get on and if you require further assistance.

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
CatCal
4 Posts
Cover User
Australia
CatCal
Cover User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Steven.

Is this upgrade likely to take a long time ? I have 10 MYOB files, the largest being 12,000 KB. There are only 2 of us that use them.

They are currently stored in C:\MYOB DATA\.  Does the upgrade require me to do something with this?

Also, when used offline, where do they get stored ?

When I sign in to my.MYOB it seems to show that I haven't upgraded to the new tax tables, when I have ..?MYOB Upgrades available.PNG

Cheers

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
21,106 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

21106Posts

2354Kudos

2950Solutions

Hi @CatCal

The upgrade time of company files to AccountRight 2017 can take a bit of time as it does need to migrate the company file to a new database structure. You mentioned you have multiple files, I would be migrating the company files one at a time and indicating to others user that you are migrating that file so they don't enter any new data into that old AccountRight v19 file.

With AccountRight 2017, company files do need to be stored in a library location. There are three different types of libraries:

• Local library - files stored on your computer
  • Online library - current files stored in the cloud (number of files listed will depend on access and number of AccountRight Live Subscriptions)
  • Network library - files on another computer's local library (does need to be configured).

More information on libraries and the default locations of them please see Help Article: Manage Libraries

As indicated in my previous post, to access AccountRight 2017.1 you will need to go to My Products>>Downloads in your my.MYOB account to access the AccountRight 2017.1.1 version. the screenshot you have uploaded does just look like the welcome page just after you have logged in.

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
CatCal
4 Posts
Cover User
Australia
CatCal
Cover User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hello Steven. Just thought I'd mention that i was only able to upgrade 2 files to online, & have to pay a lot extra for the others. Did you know this? Consequently we are not putting them all in the cloud, but just uploading the others for offline use. Has been an extremely frustrating journey to find this out, with 3 MYOB staff having different understandings of the product. The actual upload etc of the files was painless though thank god.

Cheers

Catriena

Ultimate User gavin12345
1,610 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
gavin12345
Ultimate User

1610Posts

1340Kudos

248Solutions

Hi @CatCal

You ask @Steven_M "Did you know this?"

Yes he is very much aware, and seems to have chosen not to tell you about this. Based on the number of people who get caught out with this, I'm guessing MYOB must have a policy of silence on the issue unless directly asked - it tends to put people off upgrading. There is more commentary about how MYOB is mishandling the whole process of the Upgrade to AR2017 here Email-saying-I-MUST-upgrade

In your case you wrote "I have 10 MYOB files, the largest being 12,000 KB. There are only 2 of us that use them." The reference to 10 files should have been Steven's cue to bring this up, even if you had not specifically asked.

The reference to 2 users using the files should have been his cue to tell you about the Server Edition. In order for 2 users to be able to access the offline files, my understanding is both users need to install the Server Edition (not the PC Edition). The PC Edition can only access the Library on the computer you are using, so 2 users cannot access the same file without moving it from computer to computer. The Server Edition allows for a Library in a shared location so both users can access the same file (simultaneously if necessary). The 2 of you may also need this for accessing the online files while they are offline or MYOB servers are down.

Unless one of the other MYOB staff you have spoken to have mentioned this, it's sadly left to be one the the many things you find out the hard way with AR2017. And no I am not a fan of AR2017 nor how MYOB is treating its customers who prefer to stay on v19.

Regards

Gavin

Community Manager Suja_P
5,453 Posts
Community Manager
Australia
Suja_P
Community Manager

5453Posts

1933Kudos

455Solutions

Hi  Catriena (@CatCal),

I can see that Gavin has already given you some additional information on using the latest version of AccountRight on a network. I hope you find that along with the Help article on Managing Libraries that Steven had included in his previous post useful.

I understand that there was some miscommunication regarding the number of free online files you are entitled to under your subscription. While I can see that Steven did mention (as copied below) the fact that the number of files stored in the cloud will depend on the number of AccountRight Live Subscription.

• Online library - current files stored in the cloud (number of files listed will depend on access and number of AccountRight Live Subscriptions)

That said, I acknowledge that the above line may have been easily lost in all the other information that was provided in his responses to you.

Glad to hear that apart from some of the initial frustrations you've had a painless move so far. Our Help article - What's new for v19 users has information on the many functions and features that are available in AccountRight Live. Just like online files, Live Services like Bank Feeds and Pay Super require an active subscription. As a Premier customer you are automatically entitled to have these services on two company files.

Apart from all the new functions and features available in the new version, you may also notice a few work flow changes between the two versions.

Please let us know if you need any help with making the most of the software. We're here to help.

Kind regards,

Suja Pillai
Social Support and Community Manager
MYOB Australia Pty Ltd

Partner lyn_c
7 Posts
Partner
Australia
lyn_c
Partner

7Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Gavin

Against my better judgement, I finally caved and upgraded to v 2017.  Did have a run around in doing this as I do not want to go online, just need to be familiar with the version for new clients who want to be online.

Anyway can you please tell me how I can reactivate Users.  I have linked the users to their roles and saved them, but they are still showing as being inactive.

Thanks

Lyn

MYOB Moderator Tallie_M
4,224 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
Tallie_M
MYOB Moderator

4224Posts

279Kudos

663Solutions

Hi @lyn_c,

To reactivate a user's access, you'll need to be signed in as the AccountRight Live administrator of the company file in question. Assuming you are, go to Setup > User Access > click on the user > deselect the 'Inactive User' tickbox on the upper righthand of the window > Save.

Warm Regards,

Tallie

MYOB Client Support
Partner lyn_c
7 Posts
Partner
Australia
lyn_c
Partner

7Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thank you.

I finally worked out that I had to untick the "role" first.  The inactive button was greyed out until this was done.

All good now.

Thanks

Lyn

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post