Cover User
Australia
SharonBailey
Cover User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

"Could not access network location..." message when installing

I am attempting to install Premier 2017 pc and am getting the following error message during the setup : could not access network location ......\My AccountRight Files

1 REPLY
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
21,609 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

21609Posts

2420Kudos

3045Solutions

Re: "Could not access network location..." message when installing

Hi @SharonBailey

AccountRight 2017 does have two installers; a PC Edition and a Server Edition. The PC Edition will install directly into a user's Windows profile and whereas the Server Edition will install into the more standard Programs files folder on the C Drive. 

What can happen is that clients enable folder redirection so that their Windows user folder redirects to another location such as a server location. As the PC Edition wants/needs to install into the Windows user folder it will generate an unable to access network location message. 

Generally, there are two possible solutions to get the program installed if you are getting that message:

• Disable folder redirection on your computer - an IT person will be able to assist with that
  • Install the AccountRight Server Edition. This particular version can be downloaded from your my.MYOB account by selecting My Programs>>Downloads after logging in. 

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post