Australia
Mindurownbiz
Cover User

3Posts

0Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

side effect that any update might cause

I updated to 2017.2 already, and found no issue.
However, someone in my online user group believes that any update should be done simultaneously on every computer that has the company file so that the integrity of the data is preserved.
Would be appreciated if you provide some kind of official answer.

3 REPLIES
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
21,081 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

21081Posts

2353Kudos

2946Solutions

Re: Update to AccountRight 2017.2

Hi @Mindurownbiz

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a wealth of knowledge

Upgrades to AccountRight 201x involves a two-step process:

1. Download and install the new AccountRight upgrade
  2. Once installed, upgrade the selected company file(s) to the new version- only needs to be done by one user

If you have multiple computers that are using the product, all computers must be upgraded to the new AccountRight version, this can be done individually - they all don't have to be done simultaneously.  However, all computers do need to be done before they open the company file. For example, if you have a main computer and a secondary computer, you upgrade to AccountRight 2017.2 on the main computer and upgrade the file. The secondary computer will need to be upgraded to AccountRight 2017.2 before you can open the AccountRight 2017.2 file on it.

So ideally if you are upgrading to a new version of AccountRight 201x you should upgrade all computers around the same time however it is not a requirement they need to be done simultaneously. 

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
Mindurownbiz
3 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Mindurownbiz
Cover User

3Posts

0Kudos

1Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Hi Steven,

Thank you for your reply, which is very helpful.

One more question: Has one person's updating affected the other people who use the older version?

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
21,081 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

21081Posts

2353Kudos

2946Solutions

Hi @Mindurownbiz

Just to be clear it is worth mentioning here, there is a distinct difference between upgrading the program to a new version of AccountRight and upgrading the file to the new version. Each computer does need to be upgraded to the new version but the company file can only be upgraded once.

So in your case, you could have upgraded your computer to AccountRight 2017.2 waited for everyone to upgrade to AccountRight 2017.2 before selecting to upgrade the file. In the meantime, continue to use AccountRight 2017.1 and just have AccountRight 2017.2 installed ready to go.

Although to answer your questions directly:

• You upgrading to AccountRight 2017.2 and upgrading the file would have caused the file to upgrade to AccountRight 2017.2 thus meaning if other users would like to access that file they would need to use AccountRight 2017.2 i.e. they would need to upgrade first.
  • In most cases AcccountRight 201x upgrades are independent of one another, so you don't need to have the previous version i.e. 2017.1 installed to upgrade to 2017.2. This is due to the fact that 2017.2 actually installs a full new version of the program on your computer.

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post