Forum Discussion

MarthaG
Contributing User
2 months ago

ATO reporting category (phase 2) not showing in MYOB AR File

Hi,

I have a client who has set up their STP filing a long time ago... and yet we just discovered (after trying to add a new pay category) that we are unable to add in the STP Phase 2 categories!

We have checked all the relevant MYOB areas, being the Payroll Reporting centre (confirmed as lodging as STP Phase 2), Checking Payroll Categories details, checking Income Types in the card files - all show as STP Phase 2 reporting and yet when I look at the Payroll Categories in lists - there is only the 1 (STP Phase 1) Category aviable.

I have also asked the staff member to show me their STP reporting on their ATO mygov accounts - this staff member has taken personal and annual leave and yet there is only Gross wages being declared as the STP Phase 2 cateogry is not allocated as the option is not there!

Screen shots showing all my checks.

Could you please let me know what I can do in this instance?

Confirmed ATO payroll details.JPGSTP registered.JPGATO STP 2 categorie snot showing.JPGSTP 2 confirmed.JPG

7 Replies

Shella_A
    MYOB Moderator

Hi MarthaG,

Welcome to the Community Forum!

Your post and screenshot are helpful. It seems some payroll categories lack an ATO reporting category. You can learn more about this in our help article: Assign ATO reporting categories for Single Touch Payroll reporting. If all categories have ATO reporting categories, could you share a screenshot of the error messages and the payroll category under STP Phase 1?

We're looking forward to your response.

Kind regards,

Shella

MarthaG
      Contributing User

Thank you for your reply Shella,

I have no option to allocate the STP 2 categories - there are none available!

The company file has transitioned to STP Phase 2 (checked all the areas where I need to confirm that the file has transitioned to STP Phase 2).

There is no option as per screen shot for the 2nd STP category in Lists > Payroll Categories

Shella_A
      MYOB Moderator

Hi MarthaG,

Thanks for the screenshot. It shows you've selected the ATO reporting category and are on STP Phase 2. Don't worry about not seeing "STP 1" and "STP 2." If all categories are assigned, it means all your pay items are under the STP Phase 2 ATO Reporting category.

You may check out the helpful article I have previously provided to learn more about this.

Feel free to post again anytime you require further assistance. 

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this. 

Kind regards,

Shella