Forum Discussion

Ggastro
Experienced Cover User
5 years ago
Solved

Change ESA for SMSF

Employee has an SMSF and they advise that their administrator has requested a change of ESA to suit their software.

I am aware that I cannot edit a SMSF.

I tried to input the SMS in lists but as soon as I enter the Fund's ABN it says I already have a fund by that name. So how do I get the new details into Accountright. The only change is the ESA.

• Hi  Ggastro 

When you create a new SMSF, please change the "Name" field by adding a number or letter at the end of the fund's name. On doing this, the fund would be recognised as a different fund and not one that is already saved in the system. Please ensure that you change the "Name" field and not "Registered Name" as Registered Name should automatically fill up when you enter the fund's ABN. 

Feel free to reach out if you need further assistance. 

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Ggastro
    Experienced Cover User

Second paragraph should say SMSF.

Previous items in other threads says to create a new Super fund detail and assign to the employee. I cannot create a "new" fund as it is the same fund  and as soon as I enter the ABN I am told that I already have that fund listed.

It is not possible to delete and reinput as the Fund has been used and will not delete.

Is there a solution, It is possible to change a fund's ESA with the Tax office, but apparently not  with MYOB!!

Komal_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi  Ggastro 

When you create a new SMSF, please change the "Name" field by adding a number or letter at the end of the fund's name. On doing this, the fund would be recognised as a different fund and not one that is already saved in the system. Please ensure that you change the "Name" field and not "Registered Name" as Registered Name should automatically fill up when you enter the fund's ABN. 

Feel free to reach out if you need further assistance.