Forum Discussion

Sally_WS
Experienced Cover User
5 years ago
Solved

Delete former employee cards

We have quite a few former employees on the file, some from almost 20 years ago.  To delete these cards, purge journal entry related to them is required.  If we purge all journal entry prior to FY17, is it safe to untick all the boxes?  Can we have your advice please.

Thanks,

Sally

• Hi Sally_WS 

To purge out an employee card from an AccountRight v19 company file, there does need to be no transaction that uses that card. So you have the right idea with purging out the individual transactions related to that card.

The only other things that I would add to that situation would be:

• to purge any contact logs for employee cards that do you have.
    • Run the Salesperson Sales [Detial] report for that employee card in case they have been used on as a salesperson
    • Similar run the Time Billing>> Employee Slip Detail and Payroll>>Timesheets report

Once those are clear for that employee card, in theory, you should be able to delete the card from the company file.

In general, prior to upgrading to AccountRight 2019 best to verify and optimise the file (File>>Verify the company file and File>>Optimise the company file).

5 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    GDay53
    Ultimate Partner

Sally_WS 

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find plenty of useful information.

Getting rid of the old employee cards has been a problem forever even in the old Classic where you could purge things.

The best thing you can do is put ZZ 18 in front of their name, 18 is the year terminated. This way they appear at the bottom of your employee lists and if they are also maked as inactive will not appear in any search.

Sally_WS
      Experienced Cover User

I've done my homework before submitting the question on the forum.  
      1.  Keep paycheques will definitely be unticked as we don't need old paycheques information.

2. keep disbursements grouped with electronic payments will be unticked, as this function is not used.

3.  keep unpaid payroll liablity accruals will be unticked, as there is no unpaid payroll liability accruals from pre FY17.

4. Unreconciled transactions: we'll reconcile the accounts that's related to payroll before tick them.

I think I've found the answer, but could I have your confirmation regarding the above.

Kind regards,

Sally

Steven_M
        Former Staff

Hi Sally_WS 

To purge out an employee card from an AccountRight v19 company file, there does need to be no transaction that uses that card. So you have the right idea with purging out the individual transactions related to that card.

The only other things that I would add to that situation would be:

• to purge any contact logs for employee cards that do you have.
        • Run the Salesperson Sales [Detial] report for that employee card in case they have been used on as a salesperson
        • Similar run the Time Billing>> Employee Slip Detail and Payroll>>Timesheets report

Once those are clear for that employee card, in theory, you should be able to delete the card from the company file.

In general, prior to upgrading to AccountRight 2019 best to verify and optimise the file (File>>Verify the company file and File>>Optimise the company file).