Forum Discussion

JANELLE
Experienced Cover User
2 years ago

EOFY PAYROLL BALANCE ISSUE

Hi Support,

Just balancing EOFY upto May with Payroll in readiness for 30th June and having a couple of issues.

I had 2 employees who left through the year and the Payroll Activity Summary 1st July - 26th May differed from the STP reporting figures.

I made both employees active again by taking out their end date so that they would appear in payroll again so I could do a NIL payrun to force correct figures through BUT

Only one of the employees appeared, not both, and  I have checked that their end dates are empty fin order for them to appear like they are active employees in a current payrun.

I have also attached the Errors that come up as well.

Can you please assist with this.

11 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    JANELLE
    Experienced Cover User

Hi Support,

Just balancing EOFY upto May with Payroll in readiness for 30th June and having a couple of issues.

I had 2 employees who left through the year and the Payroll Activity Summary 1st July - 26th May differed from the STP reporting figures.

I made both employees active again by taking out their end date so that they would appear in payroll again so I could do a NIL payrun to force correct figures through BUT

Only one of the employees appeared, not both, and  I have checked that their end dates are empty fin order for them to appear like they are active employees in a current payrun.

Can you please assist with this.

Sam_R
    Former Staff

Hi JANELLE,

Thank you for your post. 

Just to confirm, is the employee not appearing when you are trying to process the $0 Pay run? Or is the employee not appearing in the Payroll reporting centre (STP) once the $0 pay has been processed?

JANELLE
      Experienced Cover User

Employee is not reappearing when trying to do a nil payrun. as well as on the STP report he is showing as Nil Gross when he should have around $25K against his name as he finished Sept. 2021

Sam_R
        Former Staff

Hi JANELLE,

Thanks for confirming that. 

Is this employee on the same pay frequency as the other employee that is appearing? I would first check that the Pay frequency matches the pay run you're selecting i.e. Weekly. (Card file>Payroll details>Wages) 

Let me know how you go.