Forum Discussion

TracyL2
Experienced User
3 years ago

Incorrect Nett Pay on payslip AccountRight

Howdy.  I've paid an employee the correct amount, but their payslip is incorrect due to a typo in the pay run in MYOB. For example, the employee is paid $856 (correct amount) but the pay details in MYOB are $854. So, when I reconcile the month, I'm out by $2. 

What would be the correct process here to fix it?

Also, it would be great, if I can set up the tax amount to come out automatically each fortnight for the one employee.  Part of their wage is non taxable. Another employee is set up like this and the correct tax comes out each fortnight, but for some reason the new employee's tax is not doing.  It would certainly help to avoice this above happening again due to human error.

Thank you MYOB Peep!  

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    LRBooks61
    Ultimate Cover User

hi

To increase the tax amount for the employee 

go to payroll - employee - payroll details - taxes

There is an extra tax per pay area - enter the adjustment and save

This will avoid the error in future

Is the pay recorded in myob a typo or has $2 tax been taken out and thus recorded and sent to ATO?

Either way the best thing is to delete the pay and redo it

Go to the pay run select the employee and delete pay redo correctly.

(From what you say you don't use electronic payments so you won't need to delete that payment first.)

If you use electronic payments that will have to be deleted before you can cancel the pay.

Hope that helps

Lisa

TracyL2
      Experienced User

Hi Lisa

Sorry, it's been a while to reply to you.

Thank you for your response.

So, yes it was sent to the ATO - so I'll delete the pay run for that one employee, redo and resend.

Never done this before - Thank you again.

Tracy