Forum Discussion

FAW
Experienced Cover User
3 years ago
Solved

Incorrectly entered annual leave as personal leave

Hi

I incorrectly entered 7.6 hours annual leave as personal leave, it submitted to ATO and I emailed the employee their payslip last week.  I just now realised I entered it incorrectly how do I now change the 7.6 hours to annual leave?

Thank you.

• Hi FAW,

Thank you for your post. 

The easiest way to rectify this without reversing the original transaction would be to process an (unscheduled) adjustment pay run to transfer the amounts + hours into the correct category, example below:

As you can see from the above example, you would be placing the negative amount and hours next to the incorrect category and a positive figure next to the correct category. This should leave you with a $0 net (void pay) as the amounts should be the same. Once you record this pay it will also be corrected in STP too.

Let me know how you go or if you require further assistance, happy to help. 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users to find this information.

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Sam_R
    Former Staff

Hi FAW,

Thank you for your post. 

The easiest way to rectify this without reversing the original transaction would be to process an (unscheduled) adjustment pay run to transfer the amounts + hours into the correct category, example below:

As you can see from the above example, you would be placing the negative amount and hours next to the incorrect category and a positive figure next to the correct category. This should leave you with a $0 net (void pay) as the amounts should be the same. Once you record this pay it will also be corrected in STP too.

Let me know how you go or if you require further assistance, happy to help. 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users to find this information.

FAW
      Experienced Cover User

Thank you for your help.