Forum Discussion

CassR
Experienced Cover User
6 years ago
Solved

Long Service Leave Entitlements

Hi

I just paid an employee long service leave as he has gone on holiday. I noticed that instead of his entitlements going down on his payslip they actually have added the 38 hours to his entitlements. Any idea how to sort this out?

• Hi CassR 

Making these changes does not update already recorded transactions and so any exemptions made to the Payroll Categories won't back-date and affect anything except new Pays processed.

What we can do now is adjust the balance and with the new setup it shouldn't affect new Pays with LSL.

To adjust the Leave balance, see our support note: Adjusting leave entitlements

6 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Haydes
    MYOB Product Team

Hi CassR 

How is the Long Service Leave Entitlement Payroll Category Set up?

If it's adding hours to the pay instead of decreasing, it sounds like it's calculating entirely off the Long Service Leave Wages Category.

The steps to set up Long Service Leave can be found on our help article: Long service leave

Looking through those steps may also help you track down the issue.

CassR
      Experienced Cover User

Hi Hayden

As far as I can see after looking at the instructions I have all the right settings and can't see anything that is out of place. I am rather baffled 

Haydes
        MYOB Product Team

Hi CassR 

Just to confirm, is the LSL Wage Category Exempt from the LSL Entitlement Category?

If they are NOT, then the LSL will increase as you are paying it out.

If you are able to post the setup of the LSL Wage & Entitlement Categories, that'd be very helpful for us to check it out.