Forum Discussion

11 months ago

Overpaid Employer Additional super refunded

An employee was incorrectly paid employer additional superannuation, and we managed to get this refunded by the super fund, and this is currently sitting as unreconciled income in the bank account.

An adjusting pay run has reversed this superannuation paid so the employee's payroll is now correct, but this has resulted in a negative pay liability.   I can't just pay this off with Pay Super, as it will incorrectly reduce the required SGC payment for the employee.   How do I resolve this?

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Earl_HD
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Mummaraf 

Thank you so much for your post. You can record a receive money transaction under the correct bank account on where you received the refund from super fund. And may I ask if it still showing as negative on pay super window? If so, you can go to pay liabilities and record that payment with the same amount and same date the adjustment pay was recorded,

Please do let me know if you have further queries we'll be happy to help.
    Regards,
    Earl

Mummaraf
      User
      Thanks for your reply Earl_HD.
      Unfortunately you can't process a negative amount in Pay Liabilities. This is where the problem lies.  How do I work around this?
      Mummaraf
      User

Sorry Earl_HD forgot to tag you in my comment.

Here it is again.

Thanks for your reply Earl_HD.
      Unfortunately you can't process a negative amount in Pay Liabilities. This is where the problem lies.  How do I work around this?