Forum Discussion

AMBERHK
Contributing Cover User
3 years ago
Solved

PAYROLL HAS BEEN REVERSED - PAYMENT STILL IN ELECTRONIC PAYMENTS

I had to reverse a payroll and redo the payroll as there was an error on the original payroll.

I have reconciled the bank account and I can see the original transaction and the reversal. The new payment is there also and my bank account reconciles.

However, the original transaction appears in the prepare electronic payments window still and I dont know why.

How can I get this transaction out of the prepare electronic payments window?.

Thank you.

10 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
      twotails
      User

I have two transactions in the electronic payments window.  I have followed the previous article in the community help.  I have ticked both transactions gone to bank file and then says error no transactions to be recorded but yes there is.  How do I get rid of those two transactions.

Yanike_S
        MYOB Moderator

Hi twotails 

Thanks for your post.

Could you upload a screenshot of your Prepare Electronic Payments window? I will be able to assist further once I know more about the transactions you are trying to clear. 

AMBERHK
      Contributing Cover User

I am still having some issues with this. I have tried all suggestions but still cant resolve it. It is no longer in my prepare electronic payments however, it is still sitting in the electronic clearing account. The original transaction never went through STP and it was a mistake that was picked up prior to reporting this information. I need to remove  this transaction from my electronic clearing account as it is throwing out my account reconcilliation for my electronic clearing account.

Yanike_S
        MYOB Moderator

Hi AMBERHK 

If payments are still showing in the electronic clearing account, it means something went wrong with creating the ABA file and transferring from electronic clearing to bank account and so those transactions should still be in the Prepare Electronic Payments window.

You could go to Accounts>>Accounts List and creating a new bank account (selecting New>>Give the account a number, name and set the account type to be Bank). Once created go to Setup>>Linked Accounts>>Accounts and Banking>>Change the Bank Account for Electronic payments to be that newly created account. 

By going this extra step it will clear out all payments from the Banking>>Prepare Electronic Payments window so that you don't have them sitting in that location. This is due to the fact that the program will look at all unprocessed transactions in that linked account, if you change that linked account to be a new account it will have no transactions to be shown.

If you are still having issues, could you send me screenshots of the Prepare Electronic Payments window, the Electronic Clearing Account and the history and recap (CTRL+R) of the original transaction? Note: make sure to blur any sensitive information.