Forum Discussion

BOTP
Experienced Cover User
3 years ago
Solved

Pay Period Error

I inadverantly posted this on the wrong board. Here it is again:

Hello Team.

I have inadverently produced the last 5 payroll runs with the incorrect pay period. The runs were done on a Saturday, and I forgot to alter the finish date to the Sunday. Even though we don't work Sundays, I have 5 days missing on the payroll periods. 

Is there any easier way to correct this rather than reversing the pays, correcting the pay period and re-running? For example putting in an extra one day pay period to cover the missing Sundays, with a zero pay amount?

Or does the STP need only one pay period each week?

Thank you.

Raf

• Hi BOTP 

In AccountRight you can edit the pay period days of a recorded payroll transaction. To do please first make sure Setup > Preferences > Security > 'Transactions can't be changed...' is unticked, then simply click into the pay, change the pay period days as desired. 

If only the pay period of the pay is changed, there is no need to resubmit anything via STP. This Help page explains this in more details: Changing a recorded pay

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to let us know.

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    CloverQ
    Former Staff

Hi BOTP 

In AccountRight you can edit the pay period days of a recorded payroll transaction. To do please first make sure Setup > Preferences > Security > 'Transactions can't be changed...' is unticked, then simply click into the pay, change the pay period days as desired. 

If only the pay period of the pay is changed, there is no need to resubmit anything via STP. This Help page explains this in more details: Changing a recorded pay

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to let us know.

BOTP
    Experienced Cover User

Hello Team.

I have inadverently produced the last 5 payroll runs with the incorrect pay period. The runs were done on a Saturday, and I forgot to alter the finish date to the Sunday. Even though we don't work Sundays, I have 5 days missing on the payroll periods. 

Is there any easier way to correct this rather than reversing the pays, correcting the pay period and re-running? For example putting in an extra one day pay period to cover the missing Sundays, with a zero pay amount?

Or does the STP need only one pay period each week?

Thank you.

Raf