Forum Discussion

Sue27
User
2 years ago
Solved

Payroll Clearing Account

I processed the same payrun twice. To correct this I processed another payrun to reverse double-up. The reversal defaulted to 'payroll clearing account.' The incorrect payment is sitting in 'bank account.' How can I sort this so one cancels the other?

• Hi Sue27 

Thanks for your post. If you need to reverse a payroll transaction you can do so by opening the original pay transaction>>click on Edit>>Reverse transaction. Another option is to open the original pay transaction>>right-click on the transaction and select Reverse transaction. This will automatically post the reversal to the same account as the original pay transaction.

To resolve your issue you can record a Transfer money transaction for the net amount. The From account is the payroll clearing account and the To account is the bank account. You can then tick the incorrect pay transaction and the Transfer money transaction in Reconcile accounts to clear these transactions out of the bank account.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Tracy,

I have recorded a transfer money transaction and this has solved the issue.

Many Thanks

Sue

Tracey_H
      Former Staff

Sue27 

Great to hear that solved the issue for you Sue, thanks for letting me know.

Don't hesitate to post again if you need help in the future.

• Hi Sue27 

Thanks for your post. If you need to reverse a payroll transaction you can do so by opening the original pay transaction>>click on Edit>>Reverse transaction. Another option is to open the original pay transaction>>right-click on the transaction and select Reverse transaction. This will automatically post the reversal to the same account as the original pay transaction.

To resolve your issue you can record a Transfer money transaction for the net amount. The From account is the payroll clearing account and the To account is the bank account. You can then tick the incorrect pay transaction and the Transfer money transaction in Reconcile accounts to clear these transactions out of the bank account.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.