Forum Discussion

Paula3
Contributing User
3 years ago
Solved

Payroll incorrectly, paid long service leave instead of personal leave

Hello, 

An employee has come back to work after her Long Service Leave. During her long service leave she had to isolate due to COVID and now I have to change 3 days of long service leave for personal leave.

How could I change that? I need to increase 3 days of long service leave accrued and decrease 3 days of personal leave.

Thank you very much. 

• HI Paula3,

Thank you for your post.

In addition to LRBooks61's advice, another option would be to process an (unscheduled) adjustment pay run to transfer the amounts + hours into the correct category, example below:

TRANSFER PAYROLL CATEGORY.png

As you can see from the above example, you would be placing the negative amount & hours next to the incorrect category and a positive figure (same amount) next to the correct category. This should leave you with a $0 net (void pay) as the amounts should be the same. Once you record this pay it will also be corrected in STP too.

Either option will resolve your issue, but do let us know if you have any further queries, happy to help. 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    LRBooks61
    Ultimate Cover User

Hi

My suggestion would be that you make the correction in the next payrun

Prepare the pay as normal then enter the personal leave and then the long service leave as a negative.

This will correctly record the personal leave but reinstate the longservice leave and allow any monetary differences to be fixed also

Hope this helps

LIsa

Sam_R
    Former Staff

HI Paula3,

Thank you for your post.

In addition to LRBooks61's advice, another option would be to process an (unscheduled) adjustment pay run to transfer the amounts + hours into the correct category, example below:

TRANSFER PAYROLL CATEGORY.png

As you can see from the above example, you would be placing the negative amount & hours next to the incorrect category and a positive figure (same amount) next to the correct category. This should leave you with a $0 net (void pay) as the amounts should be the same. Once you record this pay it will also be corrected in STP too.

Either option will resolve your issue, but do let us know if you have any further queries, happy to help. 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.