Forum Discussion

Sapherz
Cover User
11 months ago
Solved

Payroll options

Hi, I am currently using Accountright Live, which in NZ does not have payroll. What are my options here? Do I add on the payroll, which is a separete system, or can I upgrade to Accountright Plus, a...
    gavin12345
    11 months ago

Hi Sapherz 

Take care, MYOB sacked all of their experienced moderators in favor of outsourced moderators who rely on AI to answer questions - I'm sure this saved them a lot of money. And it's resulted in some interesting forum replies.

I think the response by Genreve_S is specific to AU users. You mentioned you were using NZ version, but not that you were in NZ. This may have caused 'confusion'.

To further add to the 'confusion' there is only one download for AccountRight. It will open as AU or NZ and as Basic, Standard, Plus or Premier depending on settings in your company file. So you will not see any difference until you change your company file. To change the Product from Standard to Plus, you use Help > Change Product. Note that this is a one-way change and you can only go up not down. If you have a Standard subscription, you might be able to change your Product in the company file to Plus, however when your file expires and needs confirmation (max 2 months), this will fail. So sort the subscription first.

Now about payroll in NZ, perhaps an experienced NZ user can elaborate, however my understanding is that NZ AR2023 users do not get a Payroll module, no matter what product they use. In NZ MYOB have a separate program for Payroll. You process payroll in that program and then export journals to your AR2023 file to reflect the payroll transactions.

Regards

Gavin