Forum Discussion

Debbyh
User
3 years ago

Removing a wage Catergory from an Employee

We are new to the payroll system, so a few things we have now pickup up on are causing us issues.

When we first started we imported all our staff into our MYOB using a CSV. Un know to us all the Wage Catergories for the Hospitality award were loaded into MYOB, we have found that we dont use half of the wage catergories like Airport Caterer, Airport, Airport Sup etc. Some of the employees have this selected on their cards, but when I unselect these and save their card, by the nextt day its back. I have tried to unselect all staff including terminated staff and deleting the whole wage catergory, but again its back again the next day.

Does anyone know what I am talking about or have a soloution. Since it is ticked is appears on payslips.

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Sam_R
    Former Staff

Hi Debbyh,

Thank you for your post. 

If you use Timesheets, were any of these categories included in your employee's timesheets? 

In addition, if these categories have not been used/will not get used, are you able to delete the category? 

Debbyh
      User

These catergorys have never been used at all, but will not delete. It says they have but when you log in again

they return.