Forum Discussion

3 years ago
Solved

Reversing a wage - Negative Super not appearing in super payments screen

Hello, I just reversed a wage and posted the new revised one.  I was assuming that the reversal would create a negative amount in the Pay Superannuation screen as it has done in the past.  But today it did not.  I have checked the expense account and the super acural account and the reversal is appearing in both of these just not in the super payments screen which means I am unable to process the difference between the two?  Please advise what my solution to this would be.  I have attached a screen shot of the reversed super and super payments screen.

Komal_S
    3 years ago

Hi KBookkeeping 

I've enabled your access to the private message, so you can send the screenshot of the actual payrun window. I'm assuming that the payroll categories for superannuation used in that payrun are incorrect, but would need to have a look the processed payrun to ascertain that. 

6 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Komal_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi KBookkeeping 

The negative super amounts alone cannot be processed/recorded via the Pay Super window. If the employee had some other positive super amounts accrued as well, they will be added to the negative amount resulting in one lump sum amount on the Pay Super screen. 

In your specific case, if no actual payment is required to be paid out, you can consider clearing the super payment via Pay Liabilities instead. Simply go to Pay Liabilities, set the Liability Type to Superannuation, tick the negative amount then record the payment. It will result in the amount being deposited into the selected bank account. 

Please feel free to let us know how you go, and if you have any further questions.

KBookkeeping
      Partner

Hello Komal,

Thank you for your reply but you have misunderstood my problem.  My problem is that the reversed super annuation is not appearing as a negative.  Therefore I am unable to pay the short fall of super which relates to the amended wage?  I have the new wage appearing in the super payment but not the negative amount.  Therefore I am unable to select the negative and new positive amount to give me the difference to pay.

Komal_S
        MYOB Moderator

Hi KBookkeeping 

Apologies for the misunderstanding. This is an odd situation, so we can check what's causing it, 

• Please attach a screenshot of the entire window for reversal payrun ( You're welcome to send it by private message if it contains sensitive information).
        • A screenshot of one of the payruns where the super amount is positive. 
        • Is the reversal appearing on the Pay Liabilities window, when filtered by Superannuation and correct date range? 
        • Is "Pay super using AccountRight" for this employee's fund ticked under Lists>>Superannuation Funds ( This might not be a problem as you mentioned that the other super entries for this employee are appearing as expected on the Pay super window).