Forum Discussion

Copycat
Experienced Cover User
22 days ago

Set up payroll runs in advance

I'm about to go on leave and would like to set up the pay runs in advance so that when away, I don't have to login while on holiday.  Does MYOB  have the functionality to allow me to pay superannuation using a processing date, say two weeks from today, such that the actual processing of the monies through the clearinghouse is done on that nominated  date two weeks from now?  If so, are there any implications for BAS statements etc. that I should be aware of, or in the long run, will this just look like any ordinary pay run albeit I set it up two weeks before the software did the processing?

1 Reply

Shella_A
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Copycat,

Thanks for posting. Indeed, you can set up a pay run for a future date in the system. However, the date you record it will be the one that shows up.

For super payments, they can't be future-dated. Once you authorise a super payment, it gets processed right away, even if you've entered a future date. If you want to authorise it later, just click 'No' and leave it for now. You can authorise the payment later from the 'Manage Payments' window.

Remember, to make sure your payments reach the funds on time, authorise your super payments in AccountRight at least 5 business days before they're due. You can find more details in the articles 'Do a Pay Run' and 'Make superannuation payments'.

Feel free to post again anytime you require further assistance. 

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this information.

Kind regards,

Shella