Forum Discussion

PMC1108
Experienced Cover User
2 years ago
Solved

Time in Lieu -payslips

Hi there, I am having issues with TOIL not showing on the employee payslip if there is no transaction in the pay period.  Some of our employees do not use their toil in the same pay period and if there is no accrual or time taken there is no balance showing on the pay slip.  I have ticked 'Print on Pay advice' for this Entitlement category.  I have also ticked 'Include all YTD amounts & entitlemtn balances on paycheque stubs' in Setup/Preferences/Reports and Forms.

Also, they accrue annual leave and superannuation when they accrue the TOIL, but the system wants to do the same when TOIL is taken which would be doubling up?  Any ideas on how to correct this?

thanks in advance

• Hi PMC1108 

Thank you for your post. We are aware of a situation where if an entitlement is not used during the current payroll year via process payroll, then YTD amounts will not display for that payroll category on printed payslips, regardless of the Print on Pay advice option being ticked.

The workaround to get it to show up is to post a small amount against the payroll category using the Process Payroll screen, then reverse the pay run immediately. i.e. Create a pay using 1 hour of the TOIL wage category, recording, then deleting or reversing it. 

When doing this, even though the pay run has been removed it will prompt the system to show that payroll category on your next payslip. 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    SamaraM
    Former Staff

Hi PMC1108 

Thank you for your post. We are aware of a situation where if an entitlement is not used during the current payroll year via process payroll, then YTD amounts will not display for that payroll category on printed payslips, regardless of the Print on Pay advice option being ticked.

The workaround to get it to show up is to post a small amount against the payroll category using the Process Payroll screen, then reverse the pay run immediately. i.e. Create a pay using 1 hour of the TOIL wage category, recording, then deleting or reversing it. 

When doing this, even though the pay run has been removed it will prompt the system to show that payroll category on your next payslip. 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

PMC1108
      Experienced Cover User

Thank you Samara, that seemed to work!