Forum Discussion

kimjc
Contributing Cover User
2 years ago
Solved

Unable to add jobs because the total allocated is more than the pay item amount.

I had an issue posting my payroll today due to a grossamounterror . Posting on forum said to process the 2 pays with salary sacrifice through a browser posting. I then came up with an error message "unable to add jobs because the total allocated is more than the pay item amount". Any suggestions how to fix this?

SamaraM
    2 years ago

Hi Michael_H and kimjc 

Sorry to see that no one has offered assistance with your query.

When allocating a job, the system is not able to allocate $0, so that is why if you are trying to add it to the salary sacrifice or the void pay amount, you are receiving the error.

To ensure you don't get this error in the future, make sure to only allocated amounts greater than $0. 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Michael_H
    Experienced Cover User

I had exactly the same error while trying to post a 0 amount payroll to fix STP reporting error (online version of AccountRight).

SamaraM
      Former Staff

Hi Michael_H and kimjc 

Sorry to see that no one has offered assistance with your query.

When allocating a job, the system is not able to allocate $0, so that is why if you are trying to add it to the salary sacrifice or the void pay amount, you are receiving the error.

To ensure you don't get this error in the future, make sure to only allocated amounts greater than $0. 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.