Forum Discussion

5 years ago
Solved

bank feed matching problem

I've come in to reconcile a client's data and have learned that while the payruns have been done paying each employee separately (obviously), the payments from the bank as shown in the bank feed have been batched so that rather than individual net pays coming in via the bankfeed, it is the total net paid to all employees and I am unable to match the individual pays to the total in the feed.  Will I have to delete the pays and re-do them as having been paid from a dummy account followed by a transfer from the dummy account to the bank account to get a match?  Or is there some other, simpler, way to deal with this problem?

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    GDay53
    Ultimate Partner

martha1  bungy15 

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find plenty of useful information.

Hiding transactoons in the Bank Feed is the absolute LAST resort you should use.

The best and simplist way is to use the Payroll Clearing account.

First check your Payroll linked accounts look like this.

Now go back to each of the pays and change the Pay from account from Cheque to the Cash.

Now in the bank feed against the full amount click new and choose Spend Money. Make i From the bank account going to the Payroll Clearing account.

If you got it correct the clearing account will be zero and the bank feed has been matched.

martha1
      User

Many thanks, Graeme, your response is a better elaboration of what I had in mind (and probably didn't explain v well) and is what I will set up for the client to do going forward.  So it's good to get confirmation of how to do it properly but I also quite liked the quick n dirty method of hiding, thank you Tracey, at least for the couple of pays that had already been done.