Forum Discussion

JackieBell
Experienced Cover User
5 years ago
Solved

termination annual leave pay mistake

I have just processed a final payment for unused annual leave and long service leave for one of my employees. I've gone through all the steps including sending the information to the ATO via the STP...
    5 years ago

Hi JackieBell 

The first step will be to remove her termination date from her card and make her active. Then you will need to remove her termination from the Payroll Reporting Centre by selecting her in the Employment Termination tab and clicking Remove and notify the ATO.

You can delete and reprocess the termination pay.  When you declare that pay you will update the YTD amounts with the ATO so you will just need to check the STP report reconciles with the Payroll Activity and Payroll Register reports. Then you can re-do the termination in the reporting centre and her card.

When you make the payment you will pay the balance of what you owe her so that will mean 2 bank transfers and 1 payroll transaction. I'll include the link for matching bank feeds to multiple transactions to help if you use bank feeds.

These support notes will help you with the process -

Deleting an employment termination payment

Correcting mistakes with STP

Matching a bank feed to multiple transactions

Let me know if you have any issues