Forum Discussion

LindaTee
Experienced User
9 months ago
Solved

Attached a Detailed Job to another Detail job. Need this to be reversed.

Hi Team, 

Need help. I made an error by adding a Detailed Job to another Detailed job. 

When I tried to remove the "Sub Job for" I get the error of "The Job Number and Sub-job values cannot be the same." (see error 1) But the two jobs don't have the same number.

When I try to delete the job I get the error "Something's gone wrong and AccountRight needs to close" (see error 2). I restarted AccountRight multiple times and yet nothing changed. 

Hope someone can help!

• Hi Earl_HD , 

Notifying, removing it or deleting it gives me an error. 

The errors varied depending on what I am doing.

So I managed to get this resolved via MYOB DFR Team. They had to repair my company file. 

As mentioned above in my initial post, the error stem from attached a detailed job to another detailed job. The only way to fix it if the repair the file. 

13 Replies

Earl_HD
    MYOB Moderator

Hi LindaTee,

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the Community Forum! 

Thanks for the screenshots and for the detailed information. I'm sorry to hear that. I really appreciate your patience and understanding about this issue, and I do apologize for the delayed response. 

This error message generally occurs if the Job Number and Sub Job of fields have same job number in the Job information window as shown:

When you received this error (2), can you please select the check for a solution? 

Please do let me know how you go on this.,
    Regards,
    Earl

LindaTee
      Experienced User

Hi Team, 

I have already tried this and the error is still coming up. 

The problem is that a detailed job was added to another detailed job when it should be a header job. Hence why these error keeps arising. 

I need someone help on how to fix the above problem.

I have tried, deleting both jobs, changing the main job to from detailed to header, export and import the change, remove subjob but nothing works.

Earl_HD
        MYOB Moderator

Hi LindaTee

I've escalated this matter to our corporate team for a more in-depth investigation. I'll keep you informed as soon as I receive any updates. Thank you for your patience. 

Feel free to post again if you have further issue and one of us will be happy to help.
        Regards,
        Earl

Earl_HD
      MYOB Moderator

Hi LindaTee,

Thank you for confirming, and I'm sorry to hear about the issue. Could you please attempt to modify the job number within the "Job Information" window? After doing so, kindly check if you encounter the same error message.

Thank you,
      Earl

LindaTee
        Experienced User

Hi Earl_HD , 

Notifying, removing it or deleting it gives me an error. 

The errors varied depending on what I am doing.

So I managed to get this resolved via MYOB DFR Team. They had to repair my company file. 

As mentioned above in my initial post, the error stem from attached a detailed job to another detailed job. The only way to fix it if the repair the file.