Forum Discussion

GEMonster
Experienced Cover User
2 years ago

Billable Expenses

Hi.  We have a lot of billable expenses ie. we purchase materials/parts that are then oncharged to a customer at cost or markup. 

Could there be a feature added that when you are entering the purchase expense, there is a button to link through to then add to a customers invoice? 

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Mike_James
    Ultimate Partner

Hi GEMonster , the link between expenses and billing is reimbursable jobs. Have a look in the jobs list; each job can be marked as reimburseable. If so marked, expenses will be accumulated for charge-out on a sales invoice, which you can see after selecting a customer name on a sales invoice, then select the "Reimburseable" option at the foot of that window.  Charges can be at cost or a mark-up.

GEMonster
      Experienced Cover User

Mike, thanks for the reply.   This feature is useful if you use Jobs, but in our case we do not nor do we use quotes.    For us, and I am sure a number of other businesses, transfering expenses to clients would be helpful from Purchasing.

Mike_James
        Ultimate Partner

Hi GEMonster , I understand, but you would only need one job per client I think. This is a very useful feature of jobs.