Forum Discussion

Girvan
Experienced User
2 years ago

CSV Error 4077

Hi, hoping someone on here can help me with importing items via CSV file to Account Right.

Currently getting Error code: 4077: See log report below.

I have reached out to MYOB support but would've had more luck asking a rock for help.

They have since closed my ticket without so much as offering 1 peice of usefull advice.

Does somebody know how to resolve this error as im not willing to spend 3 days manualy updating 369 records.

Thank you in advance.

"1243 records imported without errors.
12 records imported with warnings.
369 records skipped.

Summary of errors
Error -4020: You must specify a Tax Code When Sold.
Error -4077: You have sales for this item.
Warning 71: Item is not sold; some information ignored."

7 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Mike_James
    Ultimate Partner

Hi Girvan , that's a common issue (which support should have been able to determine themselves), which arises due to a duplication of price level records in your file. A moderator will be able to run a script over your file to correct it, that should eliminate that error. The duplication may occur again. 

If you run a price level detail report to the screen you may be able to see one or more items which have two columns for quantity break zero. 

gavin12345
      Ultimate User

Hi Girvan 

As mentioned by Mike_James , if your file is online, the moderator/support staff can simply run a script to fix 4077 errors. If your file is offline (local), you could use an app called File Utility MYOX to fix. The tax code error and warning seem like errors in your import file.

Regards

Gavin

AlexUldis
    Experienced User

Hi Girvan, I thought I'd add that I do an Item Import from a text file once a year or so to update Item Selling Price, and I get the 4077 error every time.  I note that it only affects the products added to MYOB since the last time 'the script' was run.

gavin12345
      Ultimate User

Hi AlexUldis 

How are you adding your new items? Manually or via import? If importing ensure the field/column header 'No. Items/Sell Unit' is empty or not imported when the item is not Inventoried. MYOB won't allow you to import 'No. Items/Buy Unit' unless the item is Inventoried, however it does allow you to import 'No. Items/Sell Unit' - which is what causes the error. MYOB could easier fix this - but will it?

Regards

Gavin

AlexUldis
        Experienced User

Hi Gavin,

New items are manually added throughout the year.  When rolling out a price rise all items are exported to a text file, the Selling Price is updated, and the existing products in MYOB are updated via the import process.

The "Item Number' and " Selling Price" are matched during the import process, but the  'No. Items/Sell Unit' is not involved.

I have been having this problem for many years, and as mentioned earlier, it does not affect items that were 'fixed' last time the scrpit was run, only products added manually since the last time the script was run.

• Hi Girvan 

I've happy to arrange for the 4077 script to be run over the company file for you. We would need for you to confirm the following information to arrange for that:

• Where the company file is stored i.e. online or local
    • What the LAST FOUR DIGITS of the serial number is - Setup>>Company Information
    • What is the company file ID - Help>>About AccountRight