Forum Discussion

SoChlo
Contributing Cover User
3 years ago
Solved

Common Rules Decimal Precision - Imported bank transaction for pay bills

Hi,

I am tidying up my sales register and marking the overs and unders.

I have come accross two payment where we have used bank feeds to then allocate a "pay bill"

There has been two circumstances where the bank transaction is saying to three decimal places therefore leaveing an unreconcilable credit / debit balance of zero on my sales register.

I would like to clear so i can print a detailed reconciliation that is correct.

• Hi SoChlo 

Generally speaking, the payment amount of a transaction would be 2 decimal places and thus the invoice's balance due amount wouldn't go into 3 or more decimal places. 

If you are encountering a situation where the payment amount of a transaction is showing as 3 or more decimal places, deletion and re-creation of that payment would be the approach to deal with that situation.

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi SoChlo 

Generally speaking, the payment amount of a transaction would be 2 decimal places and thus the invoice's balance due amount wouldn't go into 3 or more decimal places. 

If you are encountering a situation where the payment amount of a transaction is showing as 3 or more decimal places, deletion and re-creation of that payment would be the approach to deal with that situation.