Forum Discussion

Judy01
Trusted Cover User
3 years ago
Solved

Custom Fields for Inventory

We have a custom field for inventory items that I would like to show on a report. I want the report to show:

Item name

Item Description

Custom Field value

How can I achieve this as all I can see in the Inventory reports is the option to filter by a custom list.

Thank you.

• Thank you! The Show/Hide button was the mssing link. All sorted now :)

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    The_Doc
    Ultimate Partner

Hi Judy01 

Custom Lists and Custom Fields can all be selected to show on a  inventory report.

This works for  Item List [Summary] and Item Register [Detail] so should work for others.

For Item List - Display the report - when finished - select Insert/Modify - Show Hide - Available columns should show custom Lists custom fields - their new names.

If you do this before running the report by selecting Advanced Filters - Insert/Modify - Show Hide - you get the MYOB named defaults - Custom List #1, Custom List #2 etc.

Once you set up this template report save it into My Custom Reports.

The Doc

Judy01
      Trusted Cover User

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately there is not an option to insert a Custom Field on either of those reports. I am using the latest version of Accountright. After choosing Insert/Modify Fields, I do not get an option to choose customs Fierlds. My choices are in the attached file. This is the same for any of the repors. 

Ideally, I would like to just list the items withoit transcations and have my custom field listed beside it.

Thanks

The_Doc
        Ultimate Partner

Hi Judy01 

I have just run this report - the file is a Premier file - not standard

Item List [Summary] - Insert/Modify - Show/Hide - and all custom fields and lists are available. 

For the demonstrated report I selected Length and Per - a custom List and a Custom Field.

The Doc