Forum Discussion

Jo2014
Contributing User
2 years ago
Solved

Customer deposit

I applied a customer deposit to a sales order and the order has been converted into an Invoice, but i applied the amount twice and it shows as credit , could you please help me to fixe it?

thank you 

• Hi Jo2014 

The credit from the invoice reversal needs to be refunded to offset the original deposits received, or to be applied to other invoices of this customer. 

So for example if the order was for $1200, if you recorded receive payment of $1200 twice to the order then converted it to invoice, it will result a credit of $1200 sitting in sales register. Once the invoice is reversed, it will create another credit of $1200, refund both would cancel the 2 x $1200 deposits recorded. After that you can create a new invoice with the correct payment.

I hope this helps. Please feel free to let us know if you have any other questions.

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    CloverQ
    Former Staff

Hi Jo2014 

If the duplicate payment was added after the order converted to an invoice, then you can seek to delete this payment transaction. If the payments were deposited to the order then converted to an invoice, the customer deposits cannot be deleted, you'll need to reverse the invoice, settle the credits then re-record the invoice & payments. Please find detailed steps on this Help page: Customer Deposits.

If you have any further questions please feel free to let us know.

Jo2014
      Contributing User

Thank you for your reply, the problem is when i deposited the amount to order instead of $1200 i recived it twice now when i reverse the invoice it still shows $1200 as credit could you assist me what shoul i do with this amount ?

CloverQ
        Former Staff

Hi Jo2014 

The credit from the invoice reversal needs to be refunded to offset the original deposits received, or to be applied to other invoices of this customer. 

So for example if the order was for $1200, if you recorded receive payment of $1200 twice to the order then converted it to invoice, it will result a credit of $1200 sitting in sales register. Once the invoice is reversed, it will create another credit of $1200, refund both would cancel the 2 x $1200 deposits recorded. After that you can create a new invoice with the correct payment.

I hope this helps. Please feel free to let us know if you have any other questions.