Forum Discussion

11 months ago
Solved

Email receipt

Good morning, I see multiple threads regarding the same issue of not being able to email a receipt of payment to customers. Why is this such a hard fix? MYOB is already able to email statements, pay slips etc etc surely this update cannot be that difficult and would satisfy so many of your customers. This is a real downfall in a modern day accounting software package. I know your response will be that is being looked into but this is the standard response you have been providing since as far back as 2021.

• Hi, Thanks for your post. We apologise for the inconvenience that you can't email receipts to your customers and thank you for your patience during this time. We are grateful that you found this forum useful.

While you can't email receipts directly from AccountRight, you can use third-party software to "print" (save) the receipt as a PDF which you can then attach to an email. Windows 10 has a built-in Print as a PDF option which is available when printing, or you can use a program like Adobe Acrobat or CutePDF to provide the ability to print (save) documents as PDFs.

Once you have the ability to print to PDF, when printing the receipt in AccountRight and you're prompted to choose a printer, choose the PDF printer from the list of printers. This saves the receipt as a PDF which you can then attach to an email.

If you'd like AccountRight to include a function to email receipts, vote for this feature on the  AccountRight Idea Exchange.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
    Leneth

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Leneth_A
    MYOB Moderator

Hi, Thanks for your post. We apologise for the inconvenience that you can't email receipts to your customers and thank you for your patience during this time. We are grateful that you found this forum useful.

While you can't email receipts directly from AccountRight, you can use third-party software to "print" (save) the receipt as a PDF which you can then attach to an email. Windows 10 has a built-in Print as a PDF option which is available when printing, or you can use a program like Adobe Acrobat or CutePDF to provide the ability to print (save) documents as PDFs.

Once you have the ability to print to PDF, when printing the receipt in AccountRight and you're prompted to choose a printer, choose the PDF printer from the list of printers. This saves the receipt as a PDF which you can then attach to an email.

If you'd like AccountRight to include a function to email receipts, vote for this feature on the  AccountRight Idea Exchange.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
    Leneth