Forum Discussion

robcraw
Experienced Partner
3 years ago
Solved

Extracting data from AR into Excel

Is there a way that specific data can be extracted from AR and dropped into Excel? The MYOB for Excel Add-In has some data available but not all information. 

Specifically, each Customer Card has a field Last Sale Date under the History tab. I would like to be able to build a report that identifies these last sales for Customers.

It will offer some of my clients the chance to market to older/lapsed clients.

• Hi robcraw , this field is available in the card list display. Open the card list, select customers, then right-click on the column headings, select column chooser, then look for "last sale/purchase date", double click to add it to the grid. Then right-click in the middle of the grid and select "copy list to clipboard", then open Excel and paste it to a worksheet.

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi robcraw 

Not sure if there is a report that can show this, however I do know that a Customer card export will show this date. The export creates a tab delimited file that can be opened in excel.

Regards

Gavin

robcraw
      Experienced Partner

Thanks Gavin but the Last Sales Date isn't an exportable field unfortunately. I had hoped that might be my only option but it doesn't show.

Mike_James
        Ultimate Partner

Hi robcraw , this field is available in the card list display. Open the card list, select customers, then right-click on the column headings, select column chooser, then look for "last sale/purchase date", double click to add it to the grid. Then right-click in the middle of the grid and select "copy list to clipboard", then open Excel and paste it to a worksheet.