Forum Discussion

kirraBrookies
Contributing User
2 years ago
Solved

Historical Balancing - Balance Sheet now not balancing

Good afternoon,

I was just re-organsing our chart of accounts in Myob Accountright, and added some header accounts.  (made no balance or $ changes).

I've gone back to the balance sheet to check the formatting, and a historical balancing amount has now appeared in our equity accounts, and has thrown the balance sheet out by this amount.

I've tried the advice from another post about choosing an account with a 0 balance and changing the opening balance by $1, closing and re-doing the same process back to zero to see if it will refresh the historical, however that hasn't had any effect.

Can you please assist me?

Thank you kindly

Kirra

Steven_M
    2 years ago

Hi kirraBrookies 

Thank you for confirming that information

I have sent you a direct email that outlines arranging for that company file to be sent in for an investigation and possible repair. All the information is provided in that email, however, do let us know if we can be of further assistance.

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi kirraBrookies 

Sounds like you have completed the account refresh we do recommend completing if you have a Balance Sheet out of balance. As such, would you mind confirming what version of the software you are using (Help>>About AccountRight), the date you are running the Balance Sheet for, and the out-of-balance amount? With this information, we can arrange for the company file to be sent in for an investigation and possible repair.

kirraBrookies
      Contributing User

Thanks for your reply Steven

Account Right Plus AU 2022.10.0

Balance sheet date 30/11/22

Discrepancy $805,694.02 (save value as the "historical balanging" account)

Regards

Kirra

Steven_M
        Former Staff

Hi kirraBrookies 

Thank you for confirming that information

I have sent you a direct email that outlines arranging for that company file to be sent in for an investigation and possible repair. All the information is provided in that email, however, do let us know if we can be of further assistance.