Forum Discussion

Gloria
Experienced Cover User
4 years ago
Solved

Import Error 25 - Purchase Item

Hi,   I created a test PO and exported it to get the template to import geniune data. However, when I import the exact same file that I exported, it returned with the error 25, invalid amount. I ...
    Steven_M
    4 years ago

Hi Gloria 

Great to see The_Doc has shared his experience with importing. Personally, I've had some import files/transactions that have given me some grief over the years. My advice is similar to The_Doc's, keep it simple to start with and add more complexity as you go. I always start by importing all the fields and then removing unwanted fields later down the track. 

In terms of your question about importing without the tax amounts. The short answer is yes you can do it but it doesn't work as, I think, you are expecting. When you are importing, it bypasses certain checks and processes on the data that would be typically be involved if you enter the transaction in the front-end. You can not include those tax amounts on the purchases using the template provided in my previous post. However, removing those columns actually caused the transaction(s) to not have any tax code listed. It will not look at the supplier's tax code or automatically calculate the tax component, it just will not add any tax code to that lines. I did remember reading something that it's being looked at as a potential issue with the software as you shouldn't be allowed to have a transaction with a tax code, but in its current state with AccountRight 2021.1, you can import those transactional lines without a tax code which can have some ongoing effects to your GST and other reports. The recommendation to avoid that would be to have that tax information listed in the import file, as is with my supplied template.