Forum Discussion

JessArmstrong
Contributing User
4 years ago
Solved

Importing sales item data error -90

Hi there, I have followed your instructions to export data (Sales - Items) to a .txt template and have then edited the date only, saved as .txt and attempted to import and get the following error message:

0 records imported without errors.
1 records skipped.
0 records imported with warnings.

Error -90: Ex-Tax Amount and Inc-Tax Amount are invalid or blank.

Any suggestions?

• Hi JessArmstrong , welcome to the forum. Are you able to attach the file you are importing (provided the content is not sensitive), and the log file?

Does the text file being imported have {} on line 1, no blank line between the header line and the first invoice, and no blank lines at the end?

8 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Mike_James
    Ultimate Partner

Hi JessArmstrong , welcome to the forum. Are you able to attach the file you are importing (provided the content is not sensitive), and the log file?

Does the text file being imported have {} on line 1, no blank line between the header line and the first invoice, and no blank lines at the end?

JessArmstrong
      Contributing User

Hi, that advice seems to have fixed my first error but now I have an error message saying it cannot find the customer.  Files are attached.  I have altered the customer name for senstitivity purposes but had imported this file having only changed the date, deleting additional rows and inserting the {} as recommended.  I would have expected this to create a draft invoice as I have only exported a sample of fields from the Sales - Item template to modify.  Is this the correct process?

Thanks,

Jessica.

Mike_James
        Ultimate Partner

Hi JessArmstrong , the first two lines of your text file need to be prepared as follows:

{}
        Co./Last Name First Name Invoice # Date Customer PO Item Number Quantity Description Inc-Tax Price

Then your invoice lines as they are, but I think you'll need to add columns for :

ex-tax price

net line total

inc tax line total

tax code

tax amount