Forum Discussion

Rose22
Contributing User
3 years ago

Importing the PDF customer to MYOB AccountRight

I am using software that generates the invoice automatically in excel or pdf format, I am not able to import it to MYOB.

7 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    The_Doc
    Ultimate Partner

Hi Rose22 

PDF formatted invoices do not import directly into MYOB - though you can send a pdf to The tray and attach it to a form.

EXCEL has to be in csv or tab delinated to enable importing however, it is by no means an automatic feature that can just occur.

You can certainly have software create the exactly formatted tab delineated file for the invoice and importing can be fairly simple - but again - not automatic.

Or you can send it all via a POST via the API - but again this is a highly technical process.

Can you be more specific in your post?

The Doc

Rose22
      Contributing User

Thank you for your reply.

"PDF formatted invoices do not import directly into MYOB - though you can send a pdf to The tray and attach it to a form. "

I import to the tray and crate New Bill for my client, however, it only lets me add supplier, not the client. I need to send the invoice to the client not paying the supplier. I can't find any options for client!

"EXCEL has to be in csv or tab delinated to enable importing however, it is by no means an automatic feature that can just occur"

I export the project from my software to excel with both formats and converted to txt then import to MYOB through Import/Export Assistant. I select Job and matched my clients and they are under Jobs in MYOB now.  I don't know how to import the client invoice to each job?

"Or you can send it all via a POST via the API - but again this is a highly technical process."

My friend suggested API for my problem, how do I get that?

My software has an option import to MYOB, however, it gives me an error: "There was a problem generating Sales Order for Invoice ID: xxxxx-Couldn't find a customer on company file: xxxx. After this error, I added the customer in MYOB but still I'm getting the error.

gavin12345
        Ultimate User

Hi Rose22 

Just a thought - create the sales order or invoice manually in MYOB, and then export it (File > Import Export Assistant). Open the exported file in excel - this will show you the format MYOB wants for imports. Use this export as a template for your import. 

Regards

Gavin