Forum Discussion

TheRob
Experienced User
2 years ago

Is there a way I can get MYOB to send Outlook emails from my desired account?

I often work from my home office but when I send Outlook emails from there it sends them from my personal email address instead of the business email addres. I've tried changing the Outlook default and re-launching Outlook but that won't work either. Is there a way to fix this?

14 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi TheRob

Thank you for your post. Our Help Article Sending emails using Microsoft Outlook has information and instructions on how to set this up, also if you're using Outlook 2010 there is some information provided about this issue on the Microsoft Support site which has information on how to resolve it. 

Do let me know how you go. 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

TheRob
      Experienced User

Thanks for the reference. I tried the suggested setup last week but it didn't work. Even though I selected the default I wanted, it still sent from my personal email. I will try again next week when I send out invoices and see what happens.

TheRob
      Experienced User

Hi Melissa,

Thanks for directing me to that instruction from MYOB, however it's not working as they say. The instructions say "Select the email account you want to make the default account, and then click Set as Default". I've attached a screenprint that shows the accounts email address is set as my default, however, the email still gets sent from my personal email account.

Melisa_D
        Former Staff

Hi TheRob

Thank you for the screenshots. Can you please confirm which version of Outlook you're using ?