Forum Discussion

11 months ago

Need connection between Revenue with COGS

Hi Team,

I am tring to establish a connection with Revenue and COGS in MYOB online version, but I am not finding how to fix this thorugh MYOB.  It's helpful to arrive gross margin in better way. 

Is there any field or setting is there in MYOB? Kindly advise.

Can you please give me the MYOB contact number or MS Team link to discuss more on this?

Thanks

Shreenivas

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Sean_DC
    MYOB Moderator

Hi shreenivas 

Thank you for posting.  May I extend a warm welcome to the MYOB Community Forum.

If you are wanting to see the Gross Profit for your individual items, I recommend running the Analyse Sales reports in Reports >> Sales tab >> Item. There is also the Price Analysis report in Reports >> Inventory >> Pricing.

You can also check out these Help Articles that can give you additional Information:

Please feel free to post again. I'm happy to assist further.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users in finding this information.

• Hi Sean,

Thanks for your valuable advise.

Actually we need a specific field to tag or establish a connection between Sales revenue with the COGS in online version of MYOB not in desktop MYOB.

As per your advise, I have run the reports in MYOB desktop version, I have noticed that the "COGS" column is completely blank (Please refer the attached file for your better understanding and downloaded from the Analyse Sales report) and it's showing 100% margin. It's means COGS are not connected with the sales revenue in MYOB online verison.

Kindly look into this and advise.

Thanks,

Shreenivas 

Mike_James
        Ultimate Partner

Hi shreenivas , if COGS is blank, then your inventory items probably do not have "I inventory..." ticked. Therefore inventory purchases go directly to cost of sales accounts, and sales have no associated cost of sale. 

The inventory option cannot be selected after recording item transactions.