Forum Discussion

ROBERT
Contributing Cover User
4 years ago
Solved

Pay Bills and Allocating Credits

I am entering a Group Payment using the clearing account called 'electronic clearing account', When I enter a supplier with a Credit Invoice there is a popup giving an option to apply to invoice, W...
    4 years ago

Hi ROBERT 

When applying a debit note to a supplier you would go to Purchases>>Purchase Register>>Returns & Debits. This can also be accessed from the outstanding debit prompt in the Pay Bills window. From within the Returns & Debits window, you can select to apply the debit to an outstanding bill or receive a refund for it.

If you are looking at applying the debit to an outstanding bill the following conditions do need to be meet:

• The supplier does need to have an outstanding bill (or order) amount i.e. a transaction appears for that supplier in the Open Bills tab.
    • If categories are used, the debit note needs to have the same category as that of the outstanding bill - you can view the category listed on the transaction by opening it and reviewing the category field (bottom right).

In your case, I would imagine that you don't have the same category and would need to ensure that these are the same before you can apply that debit note to the outstanding bill.