Forum Discussion

NickF
Cover User
4 years ago
Solved

Pay refund and enter to bank deposit

Hi guys, wondering if anyone has any advice for us.

We have processed 2 EFTPOS transactions last Friday, one sale and one refund. The amount that has appeared in our account and in bank feeds is the difference between the two transactions. Normally we would group multiple EFTPOS transactions together if there are multiples in a day, but because one is a refund, it won't allow us to tick "undeposited funds" when entering the payment in "Returns & Credits". Conversely, if we enter a negative amount in receive funds, we can group the payments in Bank Deposits, but can't match the negative to the credit invoice.

Thanks in advance.

• Hi NickF 

Thanks for your post. In the Settle Returns & Credits window you can change the Account to the Undeposited Funds account by clicking on the dropdown arrow. This has the same affect as ticking the Undeposited Funds account option. As such, the refund transaction will appear in the Prepare Bank Deposit window as a negative amount which can be included in the bank deposit.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi NickF 

Thanks for your post. In the Settle Returns & Credits window you can change the Account to the Undeposited Funds account by clicking on the dropdown arrow. This has the same affect as ticking the Undeposited Funds account option. As such, the refund transaction will appear in the Prepare Bank Deposit window as a negative amount which can be included in the bank deposit.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

NickF
      Cover User

Excellent, that has worked exactly. Thank you so much!

Tracey_H
        Former Staff

Great to hear NickF , thanks for letting me know.

Please post again if you need help in the future.