Forum Discussion

Mathilda
Trusted User
3 years ago
Solved

Saving Statements as a PDF

Good morning, just browsed the Forum for an answer on how to do this and found some posts from 2014 and 2015 so I was wondering if MYOB had been able after 7 years to offer the option to save a customer's statement as a PDF (like an Invoice) and even to view a statement.  Thanks in advance ...

• Hi Mathilda 

The ability to download statements as PDFs directly is a feature of the AccountRight browser interface. As such, I would recommend ensuring that you are accessing the company file via that browser interface. More information on that is available in my previous post.  Should you be using that browser interface, I would recommend ensuring that you have selected i.e. ticked the box to the left of one of the customer's names so you do have that Download PDF option available.

Do let us know if you are still unable to access that option after using the Browser interface and selecting a customer.

If you are using the Desktop application you would be looking at printing to a PDFPrinter or using the workaround of emailing it to yourself to generate that PDF.

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Mathilda 

The browser interface of AccountRight will allow statements to be downloaded as PDFs. This can be done through the Sales>>Customer statements>>Download PDF option (once customers have been selected). It should be noted that the statements get downloaded as a zip file which would need to have the data extracted to view the PDFs.

More information on producing statements via this interface can be found on Customer statements.

Mathilda
      Trusted User

Steven_M  thanks for your reply.  I followed the link on customer statements but came to a dead end when I couldn't find the "download PDF"  button.  It says that the button will appear once you have selected at least one customer but even when I do that my button won't show up.  I have updated my Accountright every time when prompted so I am sure I have the latest version.  Am I still doing something wrong? 

(In the mean time I have emailed the statement to my own address and then saved the attachment from there to send it to the customer but I would still like to know how to do this).

Steven_M
        Former Staff

Hi Mathilda 

The ability to download statements as PDFs directly is a feature of the AccountRight browser interface. As such, I would recommend ensuring that you are accessing the company file via that browser interface. More information on that is available in my previous post.  Should you be using that browser interface, I would recommend ensuring that you have selected i.e. ticked the box to the left of one of the customer's names so you do have that Download PDF option available.

Do let us know if you are still unable to access that option after using the Browser interface and selecting a customer.

If you are using the Desktop application you would be looking at printing to a PDFPrinter or using the workaround of emailing it to yourself to generate that PDF.