Forum Discussion

alexhu
User
4 years ago
Solved

USD Prepayment applied to Sales order

Hi there, 

I have a question in regards to USD prepayments applied to our Sales order

Say we applied USD$10,000 prepayment to one of our Sales order ''00001111'' on 01.11.2020. 

On 01.12.2020, we transferred USD$6000 from this Sales order 00001111 to Invoice status. I will expect a credit of USD$6000 to be generated at the same time to close off the new invoice. 

However MYOB is not generating this credit in ''Returns & Credits' section which makes it impossible for us to close the new invoice generated. 

The process is working well with AUD invoices. But it is simply not working for USD invoice. 

Could you help look into this?

Thanks!

• Hi alexhu 

Thank you for confirming that information.

That script has been run for you. This should have generated the necessary credit notes/closed those transactions if payment was made in full.

Note: The script does work retroactively, that situation will likely still be generated in the future, i.e. the script doesn't prevent the situation from occurring again in the future. However, we would be happy to arrange for that script to be run as and if required.

If you do require further assistance don't hesitate to get in touch.

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi alexhu 

A credit note not being created when doing an overpayment deposit based transaction for a multi-currency transaction is something that we are looking into. 

In this case, we do have a script that we can look at running that can aid in correcting the transactions for you. This script closes those invoices or generates the necessary credit note. So we can look at running that script can you confirm the following information:

• Where the company file is stored i.e. online or local
    • What the LAST FOUR DIGITS of the serial number is - Setup>>Company Information
    • What is the company file ID - Help>>About AccountRight
      alexhu
      User

Hi Steven, 

Thank you for looking into this :) Please see my reponses for your questions below, 

• Where the company file is stored i.e. online or local - Online
      • What the LAST FOUR DIGITS of the serial number is - Setup>>Company Information - 2812
      • What is the company file ID - Help>>About AccountRight - 1

Thanks

Alex

Steven_M
        Former Staff

Hi alexhu 

Thank you for confirming that information.

That script has been run for you. This should have generated the necessary credit notes/closed those transactions if payment was made in full.

Note: The script does work retroactively, that situation will likely still be generated in the future, i.e. the script doesn't prevent the situation from occurring again in the future. However, we would be happy to arrange for that script to be run as and if required.

If you do require further assistance don't hesitate to get in touch.