Forum Discussion

quin
User
2 years ago
Solved

Untick "I Inventory This Item" without deleting purchase journal

Hi, i am newbie here. I did tick the "I Inventory This Item" while creating stock items in Accounting. May i know if possible to untick "I Inventory This Item" without deleting purchase journal? otherwise, any other suggestions? I had entered 12 months Sales & Purchase Invoices, then only i realised i shouldnt tick this. The purpose of untick this is to posting my own Closing Inventory value during year end closing. Thank you so much.

• Hi quin , welcome to the forum. Once you have entered stock transactions, you cannot untick the "I inventory" option, because the accounting entries that have been created would differ. Without deleting all the transactions, your only option is to reverse the GL effect so far, then make these items inactive and create new items, then re-record the transactions as required. 

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Mike_James
    Ultimate Partner

Hi quin , welcome to the forum. Once you have entered stock transactions, you cannot untick the "I inventory" option, because the accounting entries that have been created would differ. Without deleting all the transactions, your only option is to reverse the GL effect so far, then make these items inactive and create new items, then re-record the transactions as required. 

quin
      User

Hi Mike, 

okay.. would try this out.. thanks alot ya..