Forum Discussion

Lexie32
Partner
3 years ago
Solved

customer refund error - amount may not be greater than the credit

Hi Team

A customer has a big credit balance and i want to pay him a part refund for this amount but I am getting the message that the refund exceeds the credit balance.  Not sure why...can someone enlighten me?

Is there a different report that I need to take into account?

Thanks

Alex

• I have a feeling that you may have to do these one at a time.

I would change the account to electronic clearing /undeposited funds so that when you pay it you can clear it in bank feeds against that account.

I can't see any other way around it

sorry - not very helpful

Lisa

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    LRBooks61
    Ultimate Cover User

Hi Alex

The only thing I can think off is that the customer may have more than one credit and it is selecting one to refund that is a lesser amount.

Go into settle returns and credits and see what comes up in the screen ( search for customer also)

You can only pay the refund amount recorded for each credit note, If you pull up the customer you may be able to select all the credits

Hope this helps

Lisa

Lexie32
      Partner

Thanks Lisa

When i go into the returns & credits for that customer I get this list of credits which adds up to the $235 credit total.  But then when i click on the Pay Refund it only allows me to refund a maximum of $40.

I have no idea what the issue is - tried to phone support but there is an hours wait on the phone.......

Thanks 

Alex

LRBooks61
        Ultimate Cover User

I have a feeling that you may have to do these one at a time.

I would change the account to electronic clearing /undeposited funds so that when you pay it you can clear it in bank feeds against that account.

I can't see any other way around it

sorry - not very helpful

Lisa