Janine77
Cover User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Accidentally deleted payroll entry from last Financial Year

Morning

I am doing my reconciliation for May 2017 and accidentally deleted a payroll entry.  The year has been rolled over for Payroll.

What can I do to make sure that it all balances for the accountant? And so that the Payroll information for my employee is correct

Thanks

2 REPLIES
Ultimate Partner ronatbas
4,056 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
ronatbas
Ultimate Partner

4056Posts

2847Kudos

632Solutions

Re: Accidentally deleted payroll entry from last Financial Year

@Janine77

The first thing would be to Print a copy of the Activity Statement for the payroll period that is involved to show that the pay has definitely been deleted.

This will also have upset your bank rec. so to get this back to your last rec figure you will need to do a spend money transaction on the May date as per the attached. You will need to find your  copy of the payslip to confirm the PAYG figure and the super that was credited at that time.

For the bank you have two options - either undoing all of the rec's back to the May date and reconciling again or by opening to the last rec date and ticking only the May dated figure, checking that you arrive at the expected figure  and reconcile. The latter will mean that on the last rec date you will two rec reports for the same date in the history.

Ron B
BAS Group
03 95588477

info@basgroup.com.au
Making MYOB work for you
Contributing Cover User SaraP
5 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
SaraP
Contributing Cover User

5Posts

2Kudos

1Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Re: Accidentally deleted payroll entry from last Financial Year

The only way you can fix it in the current payroll year file is to do a GJ entry for the amounts for that payment.  It will not load to the Payroll function for reporting etc but it will mean that your payroll amounts will balance,

You should have your backup before you rolled the payroll year for any reports you need to generate.

Hope this helps.

Sara

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post