American date format on Receipts - unable to change the format of "InvoiceDate_AccName"

Experienced Partner JAM168
12 Posts
Experienced Partner
Australia

American date format on Receipts - unable to change the format of "InvoiceDate_AccName"

Hi, has there been a resolution to this issue yet? I have updated my Windows short date to the following date formats as suggested dd/MM/yyyy and d/M/yyyy and while it has updated the actual date on the invoice entry field [Date], it has not updated the field [InvoiceDate_AccName].  How do I fix this?  Please see screen grab attached.

Capture.PNG
4 REPLIES
Super Partner Tingety
331 Posts
Super Partner
Australia

Re: American date format on Receipts - unable to change the format of "InvoiceDate_AccName"

Hi @JAM168,

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum. 

From looking at this issue, I am familiar with this issue. I have seen that the current online AccountRight LIVE software can sometimes set that field to American Dating if the Company File is on the cloud. This has been passed on to MYOB's Product Development team for resolution.

However if your company file is not online, and you are still encountering the same issue, here are some things to check:

1. Checking the Short Date Format:

From your response, it seems you are aware of how to change this. However for other users, the process would be:
Go to your Control Panel > Choose Region & Lanuage. Ensure your Format is "English Australia" and ensure the Short Date is dd/MM/yyyy:
region_and_language.jpg

2. Ensure the Windows System Locale matches your Format:

In Region & Language, open the tab "Administrative", and ensure the field: "Current Language for non-Unicode programs" is set to English (Australia). 

locale.png

Please let us know how you go!

Thank you,
~Tingety.

12 Posts
Experienced Partner
Australia

Re: American date format on Receipts - unable to change the format of "InvoiceDate_AccName"

Dear @Tingety

Yes, all my settings in Windows have already been set as suggested, and there were no changes to be made. When printing these receipts, the company file is set to work offline - so nothing is in the cloud in "live" format so to speak.  I am still having the same issue - so no luck.

Also, is there an ETA date on whether receipts can be emailed to customers as well?

12 Posts
Experienced Partner
Australia

Dear @Tingety

No luck on the resolution to this post? The error is still occuring.

Thanks.

MYOB Staff Post JakeN
536 Posts
MYOB Staff Post
Australia

Hi @JAM168,

Is there another computer that you are able to try it on?

With your file checked out that is a solution that usually would work. After modifying the recommended settings @Tingety suggested have you restarted the computer/server?

Kind regards,
JakeN
MYOB Customer Support Representative

Is this a Solution?
Mark this as an Accepted Solution
Helpful? Leave a kudos to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post